Tuesday, September 22, 2015

THE PRESENCE IN THE ABSENCE (Poem)



Image result for mind stands akimbo…by Poetic Tee “Here, take a sip”

The scene was dark, silent, still
Except for the soft hum above
Pouring from grinding swings
As my mind stands in akimbo
Fearless, looking around for it.
 
Image result for eerie in darkness 
Lurking, swallowed in its dread
Its presence pervades its absence
Eerie hides, embraced in blackness
'bout to pounce a pounding heart
I'm ready for it, though I see it not.

Image result for ghost and the darkness 
It manifests then disappears
Stalking its prey with precision
A clear case of ghost and darkness
I am I, steadfast, its bait. It? It is both.
But impatience gives not, but regrets.


Finally, it strikes with fangs ablaze
I? I become one with air it breaths
Image result for baring fangs ablazeFrom prey to preyed, prayed it not
Penetrate its temple, simple, ample
Each cell yeilds to its rest in stillness.


©2015 Tijjani M. M.
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment