Thursday, January 21, 2016

WATER AND OIL: THE PARABLE ‪#‎FoundPoetry‬

Tijjani Muhammad Musa's photo. ...by Poetic Tee "Here, take a sip"
(As inspired by Muhammad Bn Uthman)

Have you heard
The parable of water and oil?
When mixed,
What happens to the two?

Oil always rises,
Floating comfortably above water.
Water, ever-patient
Often wondered why oil does that?
So humble Water
Feeling disrespected, complained...

Tijjani Muhammad Musa's photo. "O Oil,
How mannerless, ungrateful art thou.
Didn't your parents,
Nay, ancestors ever told you
That I, they drank
To quench and not quench?"

Oil, rich, shining,
With all due respect, responded
"O sweet Water,
Starter of life. Feeder of springs.
You come forth easy,
Through mother earth in gentle gushes.

But I,
my mother, my father, my relatives all,
We experience it,
The life threatening, suffocating squeeze.
Yet, survive the ordeal
And even manage to come out, aromatic.

Tijjani Muhammad Musa's photo. Look at me, light.
Unstained, untainted, desirable, pricey.
Do therefore
Permit me, to rise and float above thy.
Not as a disrespect,
But to appreciate my tortuous ordeal."

Now, you know
Why Water pampers the Oil
Not because it is worthier
But because water is more profound.

(c)2016 Tijjani M. M.
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment