Friday, September 22, 2017

MEDICAL DOCTORS ARE NOT SUPERHUMANS

A little child informed a female medical doctor who wanted to learn a computer game from him that being a doctor she need not asked to be taught anything. She should automatically know how. 

That unless that is true about her, she's not fit to be a doctor. Can you imagine such misleading indoctrination.

So, she came up on her Facebook wall and call upon parents to stop impressing such false notion upon the innocent minds of their children. The wrong impression needs to change. Please find my submission below:

Yes, it needs to change indeed.

Doctors are attributed certain honor and respect some of them actually deserve, but most of them don't. Rather than make them humble, it sadly gets into their heads, making them start to act pompous and often arrogant.

Actually, I've never had that impression even when I was young and wanted to be a doctor myself, but changed my mind at that same early stage. Why? 

I watched a movie in which a president of a country was assassinated through a doctor whom he trusted, but administered a fatal injection into the good leader for a paltry sum of money

I was so shocked at the development, it forever changed the way I use to view doctors. It also instantly killed my medical doctoral ambition, by Allaah.

And as I grew up, got educated, read vast and wide, witnessed so many other medical situations, discovering so much about life, to me doctors are ordinary folks, who wear the toga of healers.

Whereas it is Allaah that truly deserves what they sometimes arrogate to themselves i.e. the power to heal and make one whole, regaining back his or her full health.

I often hear someone utter the "Shirk" phrase "Meet the doctor who saved my life" as an introduction. I smile at the erroneous impression impressed upon any so informed.

And I often ask myself and any other, if it's true doctors have the ability or power to save lives, why do they allow their loved ones to die, while they are present? Or why do they let death take their (doctors) lives? 

"In kura ta na maganin zawo, toh ta yi wa kan ta mana." But, I keep all these observations to myself and often smile at doctors, most especially young ones who are so full of their importance as medical doctors "who can save lives." 😂😂😂

I bow in full respect for this your call that there's need to disabuse the minds of people,  most especially children from continuing on this false notion. 

Mind you, this is not saying doctors are not to be appreciated for their roles in getting well after a sickness, but so should nurses, pharmacists, laboratory scientists, anastasists and every other medical worker associated with regaining back full health. 

Thank you. My sincere take.

No comments:

Post a Comment