Friday, January 19, 2018

CROSSING INTELLECTS

...by Poetic Tee "Here, take a sip"

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing

Do drop the "Sir", Malam or Oga too
It's for those who truly deserve it
Who have striven to be simple
Living for others, not for self
Do reserve such honors for them.
I? I am, but a mere mortal
On an earthly journey
Whose path happens to cross with yours
Call me not, except by my father's
If that's too much to give, then forgive.
He was but an ordinary man
Neither a Malam, Mr, Oga nor a Sir
So, I pride myself in being one too
Know, a father makes not the man
But rather, the man who makes him.
He bought me humbleness
And taught me humility
Enjoined respect upon me
Gifted me kindness as a toga
"They'll do, son." so he'd whisper.
Now, he's gone ahead, awaiting I
Said sooner or later it'll be my turn
For vanity is nothing
But tussles, a test to earn a rest
Can you win the coveted ticket?
Only first, you must live life
Amidst souls, that'll touch you
With their quality, like you'll too
Each impressing upon the next
A piece of himself or herself.
May my impression upon you
Be worthy of nostalgic remembrance
Met you once, wish to meet you twice
And on the thrice, hope to make it permanent
That you may recall I to mind, smile then utter a supplication.

(c)2017 Tijjani M. M.
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment