Saturday, May 23, 2015

ANOTHER ODE TO A FRIEND

Tijjani Muhammad Musa's photo. …by Poetic Tee “Here, take a sip”

I took it for granted you’ll always be there
Like I did aforetime another’ll wait for me
Only for a call to ring through and I answer
A strange voice showered me the bad news
That you’ve left earlier, much too soon than I


How could I bring the hated so close upon you
How can I imagine I’d never behold you again
Your voice said it all, clearly in your final ring
But not wanting the hint, I slapped it senseless
“How dare you even remotely suggest that!”

Tried much as I can to remember the last time
I smiled in response to your smile, now no mo’
See my soul fills to the brim, pouring melancholy
I feel a cry none can hear, choking me scrawny
As I carry the burden of living life on without you

Go to where eternal rest, charming awaits you
A garden suspended over a crashing waterfall
Filled with butterflies, birds, bards and beauties
Air intoxicating per breath, each cell to stupor
So happiness hugs and makes love to you again.

©2015 Tijjani M. M.
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment