Tuesday, May 26, 2015

O MY DYING HEART

Tijjani Muhammad Musa's photo. …by Poetic Tee, “Here, take a sip”

O my dying heart, quick, rush towards home
By burrow, swim, crawl, run or flight take me
Free me from this mean anguish burying me
Better than being a king in this earthly prison


Though I know not what destiny might unfold
Yet, mystery of discovery fills me with misery
All my drops I place, a bet pregnant with hope
For the danger that lurks waiting to pounce me

It will feed only on the carcass of my shadow
Forever eluding sharp fangs of them envious
Yet, no maternity ward nor a midwife's hands
To safely land upon, but I care not still I jump

From space I tumble only for wings to spread
Saving my relieved, weary soul that lives on
For now, for always, for ever, for eternity
Arriving the footstool of light, till fulfilled I am.

©2015 Tijjani M. M.
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment