Wednesday, August 19, 2015

EGGS OF LOVE FROM MY MAMA

...by Poetic Tee "Here, take a sip"
 

 

This is no poetry please, but really real.
My sweet mama came visiting this morning.
She surprised me when she arrived home
With a plastic bag full of raw eggs for me... :)
She said she woke up with thoughts of me
So she asked to be driven over to see me
She said it was the rain that delayed her
Otherwise she'd have arrived much earlier
"O Hajia, I'm alright, as you can you see"
"Yes, I know you are, but I felt like coming"
So, I knelt before her and gave a bear hug
Assuring her aged heart with my warm smile
She's almost 80, yet radiates so much love
For a son, old enough to be a grandfather
"The love of a mother for her child", M'chips
"That's what real mothers do to their children"
As swift as she came, she got up and left
It all ended so fast, it was like a light dream
But the eggs stared us in the face as proof
My mama was there with love for me, her son.
<3 br="">
(c)2015 Tijjani M. M.
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment