Wednesday, August 12, 2015

LOVE YOU TOO MUCH TO WASTE



...by Poetic Tee "Here, take a sip"


Image result for to love is to let go
Much as I love you,
I can't  keep you.
I can't bear to see you cry.
Image result for to love is to let goI don't want to see you in pain.
For your pain is my pain.
I feel it even more.
When you laugh,
My joy knows no bound.
When you cry,
My heart gets flooded.
So, I have to let you go.
I know it's ain't right.

Some will call it cowardice.
But it ain't that!
Believe me, it ain't.
Image result for to love is to let goI know what they know not.
Besides, to love is to let go.
Only the brave, selfless can do that.

So keeping you, I can't.
It'll definitely drain me.
I'll surely know no peace.

Knowing the demands of life on a woman,
Mine upon you, a husband.
Kids turning you to their slave,
House you need to make a home,
You, to keep sane and beautiful,
Society's expectations to live up to,
Family, friends complaining of neglect,
Image result for to love is to let goYour career competing with family,
Ambitions that often gets sacrificed
And your Lord to devote trust on to.

All these you do, for what?
Unappreciations and ingratitude from all.
Except from just one.
Yet, you take it one day into the next.
Only for me, your pillar to drop dead first.
Leaving you loveless, lonely, alone and loony.

Barely will our children come visiting.
Now all grown up.
Each with their lives.
Dispersed across the continents.
Old and grey, senile and abandoned.
I'd rather let another, take you to waste.

I love too much to do that.
Please, forgive me...

(c)2015 Tijjani M.M.
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment