Friday, April 12, 2019

BORROWED LIFE #FoundPoetry


(An Open Letter To Myself)

Dear SELF
I woke up early hours
To take stock
My 'borrowed-life'
To ascertain
How far I've come
How much I've achieved
Within my earthly sojourn.

I realized I couldn't be
Where I am today
By any physical effort
Family background
Human connection
Education, qualification
or geographical location
But by God's Grace.

I didn't dance a worthy dance
To impress God, yet I'm alive today.

I didn't bribe to sip my breath
Yet air, God gave me charges free.

I didn't come to God with
complimentary card or note.

I didn't ask God to consider me
a candidate for divine Health.

Nor did I request beforehand
"God protect or provide for me."

I'm neither pure, nor perfect
To attract God's favours
It's by His Mercy
He Blessed me
With a family, lovely
With amazing friends
Like you. I like you.

I'm simply a product
An unmerited grace
Bowing in Thy worship
Honouring the King of Kings
Lord of heaven and earth
I'm forever grateful
Take all the honour
For who I am, all I have
I'm indeed to You
Ever GRATEFUL.

(c) 2017 Maimuna B./Tijjani M. M.
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment