Friday, April 12, 2019

WALKING TO BLISS (WHERE I CAME FROM)

...by Poetic Tee "Here, take a sip"

My quest started way, way back
Some won't believe it, in heaven
Later on earth, my struggle began.

Born free, black, male, Muslim
Didn't know it was such a big deal
Till I ran a races race called racism.

I won no medal in it, so moved on
But soon got faced with a faith war
In which was suppose to be "No compulsion!"

Yet in it, millions got wasted
If only man will accept his differences
Build bridges and several accommodations.

To succeed, knowledge was key
So I sought it, using the word "Read!"
Met many, well read, but lacking in wisdom.

Ashe that doesn't come automatically
One has to be able to walk on water
Survive earth, wind and fire before it registers.

Aha! I discovered love accidentally
Fell into it, lying flat on my back
Got hurt so bad, I'm still healing.

Soon my earth walk took me further
Met a leader of men who inspired
Followed him to eternity, learned all the much.

Choices are offered at every stage
I often made some good, a few bad ones
Who's free of errors and still remains human?

Eventually I met a people playing
Pitching the devil against the deep blue sea
Losing either way, it was such a waste.

But what baffled me the most?
Hate of man for fellow man! So, so turgid
Just to feed refined greed for vain vanity.

It's happening all over the place, even now!
Getting so bad, one wonders why?
Man progresses, only into deep retrogression.

They often call me to feed with them
However my hunger isn't for any of that
I only want to get back home, intact.

Only then will be a winner among winners
Not a loser among utter losers
Then will I rest my sour feet in tranquility spring.

(c)2019 Tijjani M. M.
All Rights Reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment