Sunday, April 13, 2014

ADIEUS G'SQUARE (poetry) #18Haikus


... by Poetic Tee "Here, take a sip" 

Lost me a best friend
Yes, it's death again. This morn'
Tears torrent down... Sad

Didn't have time to say
Goodbye. Just like your welcome
A hurt struck my heart

You knew it was time
For you struggled to inform
Of your departure

You told someone that
"This's sure to end my sojourn"
So you reached to friends

Patiently waited
For my turn to come. It did
But, the snatcher won

Arrived to you, shrouded
White as cotton, stainless heart
I stood still transfixed

"G'Square I'm here"
You heard me whisper, you smiled
"Look at me in whites!"

You seem pleased with it
As if you've never worn white
Before. How could you?

"It is a bit tight
But I ain't complaining, no
I'm set to journey"

Perfume scents the air
Nose buds dripping with sadness
Tears stealthily poured

Cry not for me now
For 'Something must kill a man'
Pray for me instead

But, I remembered
You are to outlive me, yes?
So we joked and laughed

Yet, here you are
Gone with the swift wind of time
Leaving me downcast

Soon you were laid
In just enough room for one
No door, nor windows

I watched you lay still
I reminisced upon us
You stood like none else

We used to dream dreams
Together we would built them
Yet, you built this first

Now, alone I stand
Wondering why you, not I
As I cry for me.

So this is for you
A sincere adieus my friend
May we meet in bliss


(c)(r) tijjani m. m.
@21:10:09 0802014
all rights reserved

- *Dedicated to Late Garba Shittu Sakwaya*-
May his soul rest in piece, amin thumma amin

No comments:

Post a Comment