Sunday, April 13, 2014

WALK ON WATERS (poetry)


.....by Poetic Tee "Here, take a sip" 

Clear waters, lovely vistas
I feel the breeze from the sea
gently caressing my soul
via its shell,
standing precariously,
alone
pleased, on my piece of rock,
half embraced by the water.
By the way, did I mention
I am almost cladless
bare footed.

I look at the bright, clear, blue horizon
in the near distance,
and I see home,
a cool swim away.
But by choice
I stay here,
On my own,
away from it all
enjoying the serene silence
and the tapering soft splashes
against my presence.

For if I want
I can walk on the waters
away to where my roots
are deeply sunk deep.
Or may be
I should call on the winds
to give me a ride
without as much as
a flap of my wings.
Yet, I look to see peace, all around
in plentiful abundance.

And knowing what I know
I feel compelled to say
"Hey planet earth.
Come and get some of it,
here"

(c)(r)2014 Tijjani M. M.
all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment