Sunday, April 13, 2014

O, HOW I HATE GROWING UP (poetry)

.... Written by Poetic Tee "Here, take a sip" 


O, I hate growing up
Didn't know it comes with
So much responsibilities
And the expectations?
O please, let me be
That can be another... Ohh!

I remember
Once I was young and free
Oh how free, of anything, everything
Except of what really mattered
Eating, playing and being pampered
There was so much joy and laughter
Lots of laughters
And the occassional
"Do this", "Stop that!" or "Qzzy!"
From a gentle and sometimes
Warning, but loving voice.

Wearing my only shoes
Often without even one
I'd invite my best friend
"Bashan! Peen, peen, come let's go!"
Offering him a ride on "Chakkas"
My imaginary monster bike
Which color was it? Who cares
Mimicking the loudest of sounds
"VuvvVuvvVuvvVrrrroooom!!!"
Holding tight the handle bars
With him clutching my shirt tail
We'd run on the streets
Turning, swerving and rushing on
Horn-honking to avoid obstacles
Of all kinds.
O how much fun we had

On certain days
"Myocar" gave us the thrill run
A special car that can be a mini for me
Or a stretcher accomodating us all
Especially when other friends of mine
Are coming in on the fun ride
I'll grip the steering wheel
Making sure all are belt-up and secure
Each of us holding the others' shoulders
Girls inclusive sometimes
We'd start off with only I or 2 of us
Then stopping to pick more friends
Till we are like a long centipede
Gleefully we'll move in unison
With childish chatters and complains
Bringing smiles and laughter on faces
Along the street
That was devoid of cars

But the best childhood moments
Of all, for me?
My favourite? Well, it's being all alone
Spreading my wings and flyyyyyyyy
Was I a bird or a plane, may be an insect
I didn't even know.
I guess it was a plane
For I'll stretch out
My two hands at shoulder level and
Taking a runway run, I'll take-off
Into the "sky" and once up there
I become freeeeeeeeee...
Nostalgic.
Even in my sleep I'd often flyyyyyyyy

Suddenly all that changed
We move and I grew up
O, how I hate growing up
Didn't know it comes with
So much responsibilities
And the expectations?
"Honey! Honey, where are you?"
Boooooom! Reality check!
Here,
Now...
Ohh!

(c)(r) 190114 Tijjani M. M.
09:25:33
all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment