Thursday, September 18, 2014

DR. ALIYU U. TILDE HONORS US WITH HIS REVERED INK

WHAT A WONDER! WHAT A REVELATION...

Poetic Tee's amusing regular encounter with Amina Abdulkadir Adamu on her "love-hate" romance with poetry, has now become legendary on Literature and the World a literary FB group wall, attracting some of the most cherished literary persons of our era, north of the niger. Remember, she made an open confession recently, about why she harbour a "hatred" for poetry, which we couldn't help, but share with members there. Well, wonders shall never end. Can you believe who came on board that status update and add his revered ink (voice) to the thread. Yes! The one and only... Dr. Aliyu Tilde!!!

Aliyu U. Tilde Wrote:

What a wonder. I am EXACTLY the same, except that I don't dislike poets. I have memorised and recited many but I can't write one now. I think it is a gift and has to do with the nature of a portion of the brain. Paradox: The only poetry I ever wrote, Hashish, was a 1000 English verses of English poetry whom I lost to someone. It is a forbidden document. I wish I could compose on other themes, but it is impossible. Some people must not read this comment, I advise.

Here's the #FoundPoetry

Aliyu U. Tilde’s HASHISH, A 1000 ENGLISH VERSES

(As found by Poetic Tee “Here, take a sip”)

What a wonder
I am EXACTLY same
Except I don't dislike poets.

I have memorized
Recited many poems*
But I still can't write one.

It’s a gift
To do with nature
A portion of the brain.

 
Paradox:
The only poetry I ever wrote
Hashish, a 1000 English verses

For my first love
Whom I lost to someone
Is a forbidden document.
I wish I could compose
On other themes
But it is impossible.

©2014 Aliyu U. Tilde
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment