Monday, November 23, 2015

I'VE LEARNED THAT...

...by Tijjani Muhammad Musa

Someone once sent it to me via email. I think that was about 10 years ago. Then, though I was tripped by its content, all I could do was share it further through more email contacts. Social media as we know it now was not so readily available to all and sundry. In fact many didn't even know what email was, talkless of an interactive medium that could converge all media and place it at our disposal. Well, at least on this side of the global village divide.

I was recently in a hotel reception to see a friend who came from out of town and while waiting to be announced, I let my eyes wander from one wall to another, appreciating the artworks strategically displayed to enhance the interior of the double-volume hall. T2dJay architecturally appraising the within off the beautiful, landscaped exterior.

A colourful sitting lounge and another across the hall, an artificial mini waterfall here, right above it, hanging from the custom-made unique ceiling are 5 wild geese, looking so alive, many are amaze they are made of plastic. A sculpured abstract, some more stuffed wild animals looking so real, one might be taken aback by their jungle presence.

Suddenly, I saw this wonderfully framed written lessons, expressed by many persons at various stages of their journeys in this life. Then I remembered my first encounter  with them. I read the first few ones with nostalgia and couldn't help, but want to share them with you. The interesting question is how did I manage to get them off the wall, while many others who have seen and admired them could not?

Well, first I was tempted to and even started writing them down using pen and paper. But then it occurred to me that we are in the internet age and I could snap the framed sayings and then get it typesetted at the office or at home. I could also used a scan-text app which readily convert the snapped image to a words doc.

Good idea I said and smiled to myself as I whisk out my smartphone from my shirt pocket and focused the 13mega-pixel back lens at the glazed wisdom. So snaap...snaap...snaap, I clicked away. Below is the result of my efforts. Hope you find it enriching to your lives.

It's titled I"VE LEARNED THAT - sharing is one of the best things one can do with knowledge... :)

(c) 2015 Tijjani M. M.
All Rights Reserved

Here they are:

I’ve learned that most of the things I worry about never happen – age 64

I’ve learned that every great achievement was once considered impossible – age 47

I’ve learned that you can’t hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk – age 7

I’ve learned that if there were no problems, there would be no opportunities – age 19

I’ve learned that it doesn’t cost anything to be nice – age 66

I’ve learned that the most important thing is not what others think of me but what I think of me – age 38

I’ve learned that even the simplest task can be meaningful if I do it in the right spirit – age 72

I’ve learned that in every face-to-face encounter, regardless of how brief, we leave something behind – age
45

I’ve learned that whenever I decide something with kindness, I usually make the right decision – age 66

I’ve learned that if you spread the peas out on your plate, it looks like you ate more – age 6

I’ve learned that regardless of color or age, we all need about the same amount of love – age 37

I’ve learned that education, experience and memories are three things that no one can take away from you –
age 67

I’ve learned that we are all struggling to survive, only to die – age 35

I’ve learned that motel mattresses are better on the side away from the phone – age 50

I’ve learned that the simple things are often the most satisfying – age 63

I’ve learned that if you want to cheer yourself up, you should try cheering up someone else – age 13

I’ve learned that successful living is like playing a violin – it must be practiced daily – age 70

I’ve learned that if you laugh and drink soda pop at the same time, it will come out of your nose – age 7

I’ve learned that a sunroof is worth the extra cost – age 29

I’ve learned that optimists live longer than pessimists. That’s why I’m an optimist – age 84

I’ve learned that happiness is like perfume: you can’t give it away without getting a little on yourself – age 59

I’ve learned that when someone hurts your feelings, it’s unimportant unless you persist in remembering it –
age 68

I’ve learned that there’s no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs – age 48

I’ve learned that if you smile at people, they will almost always smile back – age 81

I’ve learned that homemade Toll House cookies should be eaten while still warm – age 29

I’ve learned that we grow only when we push ourselves beyond what we already know – age 53

I’ve learned that never to underestimate the potential and power of the human spirit – age 82

I’ve learned that everyone has something to teach – age 51

NOTE:
The copyright above only affects the prose part pls.
The "I've Learnt That..." part can be found in 'The Complete Live and Learn and Pass It On book authored by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

- https://books.google.com.ng/books?id=wkAtaf_LIVYC&pg=PA55&lpg=PA55&dq=I%E2%80%99ve+learned+that+optimists+live+longer+than+pessimists.&source=bl&ots=EG_VV1U-Ix&sig=7A7KRCxEYlVfu0R_3hLZXHv_MDo&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjjjPv94qjJAhVFKQ8KHRWVArIQ6AEIDjAB#v=onepage&q=I%E2%80%99ve%20learned%20that%20optimists%20live%20longer%20than%20pessimists.&f=false

No comments:

Post a Comment