Tuesday, April 7, 2015

POETIC TEE IS MASTER OF TECHNIQUES IN POETRY - Aliyu A. Wali

Sodiq Oyedeji Alabi posted on Facebook this question on Tuesday 07th April, 2015:
Hey you
Let's talk about poetry.
Who's your favourite Nigerian poet at the moment?

... and here's what Aliyu A. Wali had to say:

 My best poet was Najeeb H. Abdulrahman may his soul rest in peace.

I am currently blown away by Shittu Fowora who churns them fiery hot from the oven to our delight. I wish Isa Muhammad Jiddah Alfadlah would give us as many for his pieces are simply exquisite.

My father Aminu Aliyu is phenomenal in the way he creates unique pieces.

Tijjani Muhammad Musa for me is the master of techniques of the various 'forms' of poetry like none other.

Dike Chukwumerije is my best spoken word poet and he is to the spoken word what Messi is to football.

No comments:

Post a Comment