Tuesday, April 28, 2015

POETIC TEE PUBLISHED IN "WHO SHALL I MARRY?" - A FOOD-RELATED ANTHOLOGY

Tijjani Muhammad Musa's photo.Poetic Tee "Here, take a sip" has been freshly served in here, in an Anthology of food-related poems.

What more?

The Tee is available in 2 delicious flavors too.

1. FURA DA NONO
...by Poetic Tee "Here, take a sip"

"Fura da nono!" she'll loudly, hawkly announce
One of north's best delicacies, ten kobo to an ounce
Grounded balls of cooked, pounded millets, made to
Swim in a pool of raw, rich, refine white yoghouto.


Carried carefully, covered in a colourful calabash
Balancing the thrill precariously, a woman brash
Her regalia craftily sewn off a culture cherished
Where many have allowed theirs to be perished.

"Fura", farmed by men, made by women
Milk, milked by the skilled, skimmed often
Old original recipé, tested, trusted to quench
A midday hunger, served by a maiden wench.

Many add sweet to the mix, stirring to taste
Making buds water, as eyes savor the paste
But the old love it sugarfree, untinged, untainted
As each scoopful gets a stomach satisfactorily satiated.

They come from four corners of the world
Mankind adventurous, in search of its mold
Its aroma teases noses, then pleases them
It's king tongue that celebrates the palatable mayhem.

(c)2014 Tijjani M. M.
All Rights Reserved


and

2. EBOLA, I HATE YOU!
...by Poetic Tee "Here, take a sip"

What calamity, what absurdity
How can it be so terribly denying
How am I suppose to survive this
This might as well, equally kill me too.


Can you imagine this wickedness?
Placing a ban, a mean embargo
Upon my favorite of meals, me cousin
Nay, call me not a cannibal please.

So what if he has five fingers each
Two eyes, two ears and one nose
Yes, we do look alike, so what?
He's delicious to taste when cooked.

Not only that, I am also to keep off
The night flyer, right? Gosh, you are
Surely after my carcass! To do what with?
Grilled or fried, my mouth's salivating already.

Look, look, they are both deliciously safe
Lies, just lies that they harbor a virus
Propaganda to deny hunters their livelihood
And me, my most sought after delicacies.

Ebola this, ebola that! How many deaths in
Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Senegal?
Now in America, Belgium, Spain, Germany
Do they consume monkeys and bats too?

A neighbor was touched with witchcraft
She hates bushmeat that I know for sure
Yet, they say she has Ebola virus. How?
She vomits blood in quantum sputum.

I, Akagadogunkudiata consume baboon
For lunch and dinner, sweet biomboli bats
For breakfast, grass-cutter in between
Ebola, for tainting my meals with death! I hate you!

(c)2014 Tijjani M. M.
All Rights Reserved

Go ahead, take a sip... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment