Monday, May 30, 2016

EVERY FOOTAGE, ABOVE OR BELOW

It's Friday, the Islamic revered day of the week. So Juma'at Mabrook to all.

Muslims all over the world are in devotional worship to Allaah and even more so those the gifted with poetry among us. And of what good is being blessed with the ability to poetize, if one cannot use such talent to celebrate his Lord and Maker? Thus I submit this dedicated piece...

EVERY FOOTAGE, ABOVE OR BELOW...

 ...by Poetic Tee "Here, take a sip"


I see a world flat
Ok, may be not so flat
But as far as I can see
From here down to the sea
The soil I stand upon, runs
Miles into the glowing suns.

Plains, valleys, mountains
Undulating rivers, fountains
Animals, birds, the unknown
Though few might be renown
Each breath of life, blessed
Transcending moments, phased.

Green, blue, red and yellow
All colors of the rainbow
Paint landscapes alive
Oceans too, when I dive
Not just the seen, have hues
Moods too, tint with blues.

I look at the heavens
Learnt their count is seven
Wonders and awe fill me
Who lives there, yet be?
Yes to angels, no to demons
On earth dwells we, commons.

If only I have the time
To swim, walk, fly my dime
Dance west, caress the north
Listen east, discover the south
Where I'd stand in Salat, devout
On every footage there is about.

Above sea, below sea levels
Where lives man or occupies devils
Purify off any living dust or dead dirt
Cleanse my soul O water, snow or earth
So I'd say: "Allahu Akbar" in reverence
Tranquil-filled in His Blissful Presence.

(c)2016 Tijjani M. M.
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment