Monday, May 30, 2016

ONE DAY LEFT, TO DIE

 ...by Poetic Tee "Here, take a sip"

One day left, to die
That's all I have...
My last 24 hours.


Desperately I stare
Into nothing
My trust, lost.

Is it good
That I know
Of this terminal end?

Can't eat
Can't sleep
Can't even do the think.

Woe to this know
As sadness fills me
To brim and overflow'.

Too short a notice
To kiss, say goodbye
O pitiful me.

What do I do
Who do I see
In less than one day?

Who do I owe
That I may pay
Be free, to lose it all.

Where can I borrow time
Buy it even
If I can?

Or is there a magic
To ward off this dread
Give me another chance.

Procrastination, my friend
Come, swallow this ordained
Sprinkle me with mercy.

Haven't said my prayers yet
Of yesterday, of yesteryears
O my! So much left undone!

Thought I had control
Tomorrow was on leash
Now, it rushes to do me in.

I thought this hated
Will never happen to me
Yet here I stand, next on queue.

The inevitable
Has finally come as promised
In you, for me, please find forgiveness.

(c)2016 Tijjani M. M.
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment